kinetd

Hi All,
I am new to Linux and have installed RH9. My problem is that when I try to setup desktop sharing in KDE I get the error "Cannot find KinetD. Have you restarted KDE after installation?" Of course I have restarted KDE, but it does not change anything. A global search found a text file named kinetd in /usr/share/apps/kinetd.
A google search for the term kinetd did not find any useful info. Any help would be a great help.
Thanks
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup