Re: Update blues

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 00:23, Con Tassios wrote:

> If you are running Red Hat 9 on a production server, I imagine you would
> upgrade to RH 10/11... when support/errata for RH 9 ends in 11 months.  If so,
> you effectively become a test site for bleeding edge features that Red Hat will
> introduce into new releases.  This would most likely have a negative impact on
> reliability and stability of your servers.

	FWLIW, I feel that for any system one would consider a production
server the cost of Red Hat ES is well within the range of even a small
shop.  In fact, I have been looking at moving my personal/hobby server
to ES (probably this summer).  Using RH (or RH Pro) on any system where
something critical lives is not all that good of an idea.  This is not
to say that RH 8 or 9 (and future versions) _can't_ be used as such.
I've still got RH 7.x systems in a production environment.  They aren't
where the business processes are but they are very important to how work
gets done.  You need to use the right tool for the right job.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.