Re: camera and zip question

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 06:02, Dale Kosan wrote:
> I have a zip 250 usb drive and a Nikon 4300 usb digital camera. I have
> made a /mnt/zip and a /mnt/camera directory, I can mount the camera as
> /dev/sda1 and the zip as /dev/sda4. However, when I add shortcuts to the
> desktop it gives the old only root can do that. I have made entries in
> fstab the same as the floppy drive except for the mount and device
> points. When I reboot, all the shortcuts and entries in fstab are gone.
> Could someone point me in the right direction? I would be very grateful.

It may be helpful if you actually tell us what the entries are....

Some of us may have "similar" entries in our systems and make the
assumption that they are what you have.

And, could you show us what the permissions are on the mount point?

Ed

--
http://www.shorewall.net       Shorewall, for all your firewall needs