Xinetd super server

Ed Greshko :

>>> - Update for the Xinetd-2.3.11-1.9.0 super-server effectively
>>> hinders/breaks down carefully crafted rexecs/rlogins/rsh
>>> permissions which I need for my OpenMosix-cluster.

>>> Has the functionality of the super-server been transferred elsewere ?
>>> If so why have we not been told so in the errata ?
> Hard to tell what "functionality" you are referring to....  I've also
> never heard xinetd referred to as a "super-server".  How do you mean
> that?

The original posting clearly describes the missing functionality. As for the
"super server" : read the Xinetd man pages. As for using VMware as a virtual
testbed : moving back (with re-installing the originals) or moving ahead
(with installing a bugfix for the bugfix) will usually give me back the
unspoiled condition before applying the update/bugfix, so I cant see the
added value of VMware.

Arjan van de Ven :
It is not clear to me yet if the update for Xinetd contains a bug itself or
if server deamons Xinetd took care of should be started elsewhere since the
update ?

Regards
John Pover