Re: RHN Channels on RHL 9

My apologies to you, William, and the listserve.  I'll send my replies
to the listserve from now on.

You asked about the output from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/.  Here it is:
total 56
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 May 22 09:18 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4096 May 21 19:29 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          270 Apr 29 10:34 rhn-applet
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           13 Feb 24 21:52 rhnsd
-rw-------    1 root     root         1304 May 21 18:01 systemid
-rw-------    1 root     root         1302 May 21 17:24 systemid.save
-rw-------    1 root     root         2931 Feb  5 23:00 up2date
-rw-------    1 root     root         1160 Aug 29  2002
up2date-keyring.gpg
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2303 Jan 16 03:07 up2date.rpmnew
-rw-------    1 root     root           97 Apr 29 10:18 up2date-uuid
-rw-------    1 root     root        12288 May 21 10:16
.up2date:versionOverride=9.swp

The .up2date:versionOverride=9.swp file was created after I followed a
suggestion from one of the archived threads from this listserve.  Per
that message, as root, I did:
rpm --query redhat-release
cat /etc/redhat-release
up2date --upgrade-to-release=9 --update

redhat-release-9-3
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
(the up2date command performed the update)

Unfortunately, after all of that, I am now getting the exact opposite of
the problem I was having initially:  the RHN update notification icon is
showing that my PC is up to date, but up2date is showing multiple
updates available.

I am open to your suggestions.

Thank you,
-Jake