Re: nautilus cd buring

Christoph Lehmann wrote:
I am very sorry, but I run RH9.0 on a a31p thinkpad. Under RH8 I could
use xcdroast perfectly (well, almost).

But with Rh9.0 the nautilus "write to cd" process just does nothing,
after pressed the button. Of course, there is a blank CD in the
cd-drive, and some files choosen to be burnt

please help me in an easy way

thanks

christoph

It does the same thing that it has always done for me. It will launch if a blank cdr is inserted. It will identify my burning device correctly. Then when I select files. It will cache the files to a temp directory.

Here is the output that I get with arjan's latest kernel.

cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/sg0'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
scsidev: '0,1,0'
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).

ON A SIDENOTE:

I was able to burn the RHDB to CDR with kernel version kernel-2.4.20-13.9.1 - There was no cap locks or scroll locks flashing LEDs and it exited the burning process correctly.

I'll try the RHDB on my highly outdated RHL 7.3 partition. What's with the limited access to updates on RHN? I rarely use the 7.3 partition and am 40 something updates behind.

Jim

PS - Thanks Arjan for inadvertantly fixing my lockup problem with kernel-2.4.20-13.9.1.

--
How many nuclear engineers does it take to change a light bulb ?

Seven:  One to install the new bulb, and six to determine what to do
        with the old one for the next 10,000 years.