RE: Problem with DNS-CACHE

Although I see the same problem (just J shows in the additional section)...
bind does NOT go down as you state in your post at this end. But it looks
like once the TTL expires, something is happening to additional section.
Maybe this behavior (after the TTL expires) is by design for the root zone,
I don't really know. This might be a good question for the bind/named NG.

> At this point I only have  J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. in the additioal
> section,restarting machine the problem is solved,but I would like
> find the problem.
>
> If I do a "service named stop" bind continue running, at least
> if I do a "dig ns" after the dig ns answer me well from my
> machine, not use second or third dns because first not stopped.

If named is not stopping, then you have a configuration problem of some
sort. FWIW: The redhat supplied init script uses "rndc stop" to stop named.
Check to be sure you have properly generated your rndc key and have
specified it in /etc/named.conf.

Type: man rndc-confgen

Steve Cowles