Re: Graphical interface for RPM's

> --force is never used in current apt unless the user specifies that, the
> thing you find by grepping is:
>
>    if (Cnf.Exists("RPM::Force"))
>    {
>       _error->Warning("RPM::Force is obsoleted. Add \"--force\" to
> RPM::Options instead.");
>       if (Cnf.FindB("RPM::Force",false))
>      Cnf.Set("RPM::Options::", "--force");
>    }

Thanks for the additional info - but why is --force even allowed? it
seems like one of those commands we wish we could de-invent,  often
times.

> --noorder is basically a performance optimization: apt calculates the
> order itself so there's no point making rpm do that again. --nodeps is
> used when necessary to work around the rpm cli limitation (or rather the
> fact it doesn't use rpmlib for the installation ...)

I find when things that are !rpm attempt to think like rpm you end up
with two things not thinking the same way. This was a problem that yup
(the predecessor to yum) suffered from and I know apt has run into this
problem in the not-so-distant past wrt to Epoch: 0 handling.

Why doesn't apt you rpmlib for the installation?

-sv