Re: OT: SCO targets Linux customers

On Thursday, May 15, Chris Chabot wrote:

Heh, of definitions.. pointless waste of time ;-) What i ment to say was
that while Linux was based on the concepts of Mimix

As long as you're spouting knowledge, what say we get the details right? Linux is not based on the concepts of Mimix. I've never heard of this Mimix operating system you speak of. However, Andy Tanenbaum crafted a UNIX-derived operating system called Minix. A disagreement between Tanenbaum and Linus Torvalds led to the creation of Linux (long story short), which does (er, did) have some similarities to Minix (not Mimix). Okay, so you just got a letter wrong. :)

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/minix.html

SCO execs: "Oh crap, we're broke, and hardly anybody uses our Linux or UNIX distros. I know, let's sue! Maybe IBM will buy us to shut us up..."

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>