Re: Graphical interface for RPM's

> Hmmm, apt is bloated c++ code, yes, but it can come in handy. Maybe you
> should try apt again, it's been long since it doesn't use --force nor
> --nodeps anymore. It operates quite smoothly, and performance is overall
> improving with every new release.

really? I looked at 0.5.5 not so long ago and I found --force --nodeps
by grepping my way through. But I'm open to being mistaken.

however, I know apt has to be using --noorder and --force b/c it can't
do otherwise.

 it can't do simultaneous installs/updates and erasures using the rpm
cli (which it invokes for its installation routines)
so that means:
 it has to erases separately from installs/updates which means it can't
always get the deps right on any one try - hence requiring --nodeps and
--noorder and if I'm not mistaken apt lets you have a
non-closed-dependency rpmdb so it must have a --force invocation in
there.

> Yum is cool though. Want to code a nice PyGTK frontend inspired by
> synaptic? ;-)

-sv