Re: USB and PS/2 Mouse - plug-n-play?

how I got my trackppoint working on my a31p thinkpad:
0) in mouse settings, set to "no mouse"
1) restart the computer without USB mouse plugged in
2) X-server cannot start, it will try several times and then does a
automatic reconfiguration of the x-server
3)accept the settings and use the trackpoint to set your display
preferences, save the xf86.config and restart
4)now the computer works without usb-mouse, trackpoint works fine and
x-server can start.
if you plug-in the USB mouse NOW, this mouse works....

christoph

--
Christoph Lehmann <christoph.lehmann@xxxxxx>