Re: HowTo install shrike on Compaq DL 380 G3 Server

We also have some DL380g3's;  I side-stepped the problem by
doing a network-based install - copied the RedHat directories
from the CD's (per the install guide) into a single directory
on a different machine, exported it, then used CD-1 to boot and
initiate the network install.  If you're doing an upgrade, you
could copy the iso images into a disk area you're not reformatting
and do a disk-based install.  Only the CDROM seems to be unusable
from the install kernel.

The network install was faster than a CD install, and you don't
have to babysit it to change CD's.

HP has a source RPM on their website for some bcm5700 drivers to
replace the tg3 gigabit Ethernet drivers, as well as eprom updates
for the motherboard and cciss Raid controller.  First time I saw
an eprom updater that ran from Linux.

If you're really adventurous, download their binary cciss module update.
The binary rpm is really just a tarball, and it includes the source for
the patches to the cciss kernel source. You can merge these into the kernel
source and rebuild an updated cciss driver module (and remake the initrd
image to for the boot).

Hope this helps,
-Bob Arendt

Dario Lesca wrote:
Hi, I have the same problem show below (see also the thread)
and I have not found a solution....

Some Suggest?

Many Thank

Dario Lesca