Cups printing, evolution page format

I am using CUPS printing with an HP 970c printer.  When evolution prints
a message longer than one page, there is a line that is half printed and
half cut off at the bottom of the first page.

Does anyone know where to set a parameter to change this so that it
won't happen?  There must be some Gnome or Evolution page definition
that has margin settings.  Changing the bottom margin in the ppd file,
or via the printer setup interface does not influence this problem.

Thanks.

Gerry

p.s.  I sent this message yesterday and it never appeared on the list.