Re: rh9, php, mssql

When you turn on an option for the PHP ./configure script to process,
you often have to have the underlying support files already installed or
./configure sometimes, but not always, errors out. Worse, the compile
will certainly error out if it can't find necessary headers. Consider
this option:

--with-unixODBC=shared

./configure will not complain at all if you do not have the unixODBC
packages installed. But the compile will fail because it can't find
needed header files from unixODBC-devel.

Keep trying. Check to make sure that you have really satisfied every
dependency which you turned on with configure options. You may have to
do this several times because the ./configure script is not smart enough
to flag ALL the missing dependencies.

Bob Cochran

--
Bob Cochran