Re: Parallel Creative Webcam II

Il gio, 2003-05-08 alle 20:04, Juan L. Pastor ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have rescued an old parallel Creative Labs Webcam II. I have no
> problems with it on Windows, but it's impossible to use it on my
> recently installed Shrike. I am using gnomemeeting, but I get less than
> 1 fps (something like 1 frame every 5 seconds). Furthermore, I cannot
> work with any other application, as it blocks the PC for some seconds,
> the mouse is continuously jumping,...

Hi,

You need a patch to the cpia module in the kernel:

http://webcam.sourceforge.net

I don't know why it isn't in the default redhat linux kernel.
Hope it does not break something (I have used it in 8.0 without problems
though).

Mario

---
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is
brought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy
name of liberty and democracy?

- Gandhi -