Re: When installing netdrivers.tgz - error no kernel headers installed

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help so far. I've installed the kernel dev packages. I still get the same error I always have when trying to install/activate the NIC (DFE-530TX+) in the network config:

Device or resource busy. SIOCSIFFLAGS

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brenda

At 07:54 PM 5/7/2003 +0300, you wrote:
Viestissä Keskiviikko 7. Toukokuuta 2003 19:43, brenda brewer kirjoitti:
> I meant to include the errors.  I have no idea about what's required.

It's specified in the error message:

> Makefile:59: The kernel header files do not appear to be installed on
> Makefile:60: this machine.  You likely need to install the kernel source

Install the kernel-source package if you need to compile device drivers from
source. In the Add/Remove Applications tool this is done by installing the
"Kernel Development" packages.

--
        Markku Kolkka
        markku.kolkka@xxxxxxxxxxxx