Re: BitTorrent for shrike?

On 7 May 2003, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 02:58, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > > http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html
> >
> > I downloaded the tarball in the end. The RPM at rpmfind.net is a
> > Mandrake one and they clearly package python in a way incompatible with
> > how RH do.
>
> I'm using the Madrake RPM... Simply, do an "rpm -i --force" to install
> it and it will work: no need for extra downloads, etc, etc.

You should NOT use --force to install anything. You will pay for it later!!
Bittorrent does NOT need to be installed. Run it from the command line!!
As a general rule if you have to use --force or --nodeps something is broken
and you need to understand ALL of the consequences of using the above switches
before you use them. For something like BitTorrent it is just not worth it.

As I said above BitTorrent works just fine from a command line.

As was suggested earlier you can use
btdownloadcurses.py --url http://f.moya.scarywater.net/redhat9.torrent

If you are on adsl you will most likely have to limit your outbound bandwidth
to get decent inbound bandwidth. For that matter given that 9 has been out
for several weeks you might do better just getting it from one of the
official Red Hat Linux mirrors. It should be less hassel but maybe not as
much fun. :-)

You have been warned!! :-)

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....