Re: how to identify a manufacturer?

Sure there is : )

The  FCC has all those little FCC ID numbers in a database
you can go to and browse.
It will tell you the manufacturer name np.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

Hop over take that one for a test ride.

That URL is very practical to locate ex a manufacturer of an unmarked modem
or notwork card when looking for drivers.

Enjoy.

Ric