Re: backing up with rsync

I may have missed part of this thread so please forgive me if this does not pertain to your situation.

If all of this is on your LAN and you are behind a firewall and your machines are fairly well locked down, then one faster option would be to set up nfs mounts to or from your machines and use that instead.

SSH is a great solution when traversing networks. If everything is contained to your lan, then why waste the cpu cycles. NFS will be much faster and will take up far less resources.

Regards,

Aaron