Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Res wrote:

> with the exception of aol, yahoo, cn and br we have implimented entire
> bans before when ignored over periods of time, when we have done so, its
> been no more than a few days before we get contacted by the isp concerned
> and indicated they have taken action,

if you've been reading the news lately, all of aol, yahoo and microsoft
(giggle, snort) have announced that they're determined to deal with
their ongoing spam problems.

http://www.businesstoday.com/business/technology/ap_spam04282003.htm

in addition, mindspring/earthlink has announced an upcoming
"spamblocker" service that deals with spam on the *server* end,
so who knows, we might actually be making some progress here.

i won't start holding my breath just yet, but it's nice to see
the effort being made.  or at least the problem being
acknowledged.

rday