Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 14:03 4/25/2003 +1000, you wrote:
> >This however is usually a VERY LAST resort because the ISP in question
> >ignores and/or refuses to take action over its spammers/abusers, so I'd
> >start by whingeing to YOUR ISP for THEIR inaction which is what most
> >likely brought about the 550.
>
> As constructive criticism, it took me a moment to figure out what you
> meant. I believe the word you want is "whining"; if not, could you rephrase
> the statement?

Nope, where I come from whinging and whingers is valid and commonly used

> >I do not speak for RedHat, however I'm sure I speak on behalf of many
> >postmasters.
>
> I am sure you don't speak on behalf of any other human being on the face of
> the Earth.
>
> I am sure that many postmasters do share your opinions, though.

Yes, along with fact that many of us have no problems with denying
access to entire ISP's and country netblocks, you might think " oh how
F'ing dare they!!!!" well kido, welcome to the 21st century of dealing with isp's
who ignore reports, its amazing how quickly ISP's clean their act up when
you deny them outright.. mostly within a few days well except for AOL but
there is no hope for those tossers and ewven if they did clean their act
up, as the senior network administrator I have left instruction that
whilst I am in charge here, aol will NEVER be unblocked, nor will yahoo
for that matter.

--
-Res

lns01-wick-bne> ipfirewall addb reject all from aol.com to 0