Re: SMB error in Nautilus (again)

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 23:17, Kevin wrote:
> Not realizing i had My evolution mail set to HTML I sent it to the list
> and was warned about HTML mail and people not reading mail in that
> format.
>
> Since I would like as much help or explanation on my issue I am
> resending it yet again in case someone who has the answer did not read
> it in html format.
>
> RH9 has the Network Servers Browser feature that appears to be much like
> a Network Neighborhood icon in Windows.  However, when I try to use it I
> get the following error:
>
> Couldn't display "smb:///", because no host "null" could not be found.
> Check the spelling is correct and that your proxy settings are correct.
>
> Now I am certain I have left something out or tweaked something I should
> not have but I cannot seem to find any information on this or why it is
> occurring.
>
> I have added my SMB users and it appears to work from the terminal
>
> Anyone have an easy answer for this Linux Newbie?
>
> Kevin

Don't feel bad, I got the same warning about the html.If you could send
in a copy of your smb.conf file that would help. Edit out anything that
you may feel to be personal info. If you wish send it to me. I know that
I was having a problem with a 98 share because of the standard C$, so I
axed the $ and everything is peachy keen. Also what are you trying to
connect to 98/2000/XP??? I know this can be a pain in the rear at times,
so I do feel for ya, and I am not going to spout RTFM. Theres just those
times when ya need an answer now.
Simon P. Bassett
(717)938-2262
sbassett@xxxxxxxx