Re: [FWD]: Redhat 9.0 and video woes

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 04:29, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:53:05PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 13:15, Maddog wrote:
> > > I am running RH 9.0 (fresh install) on my Toshiba Satellite 1415 - S173 with
> > > Invidia GeForce 420 Go graphics controller. RH 8.0 Ran fine with this setup.
> > > Whenever the screen blanks and I wake up the laptop the creen in divided
> > > into 2 sections Horizontally. The tool bar that resides on the bottom of the
> > > screen is in the middle of the screen. I have disabled Power Management and
> > > the screen saver to no avail The problem is alleviated when I log out of X
> > > and log back in. It really is rather irritating to have to keep doing this.
> > > Especially when working on a document.
>
> > Anyone heard anything like this before?  If not I'll help to collect
> > debugging info from his laptop and file a Bugzilla report.

> It seems to be 'nv' driver and possibly XFree86-4.3 related.
> I have this problem with the 'nv' driver on a i8100 and i8200 with
> the GeForce 2 Go and the GeForce 440 Go (under Phoebe, Shrike and
> Mandrake 9.1).

You *could* try upgrading to the latest XFree86 packages that Mike built
from CVS that are in rawhide and see if there are any fixes there and
see if that helps.  But they aren't official released packages, so if
they break your system, don't complain :) (but they run fine on mine and
I haven't seen too many if at all complaints on them yet)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Hand over the code, and no one gets hurt!"