Re: No pcmcia on Vaio 505TL

Z wrote:
I had to install a kernel from scratch on my vaio fx120 to get a working
pcmcia. The present 2.4.21-ac2 looks like a great candidate, since it
has the latest ACPI bits. I'm using 2.5.68 and it rocks.

I installed the 2.5.68 onto my desktop and it performs well. I was wondering if there would be any advantage to running the version on an old toshiba laptop. (233 MHz / 64 Megs of memory.

Currently, I'm running the kernel that Arjan sent out a link to his directory. It works pretty much the same as the latest non-developmental kernel.

I was having trouble with the older kernel recognizing my ethernet card. (version from RHL 8.0). I was wondering if the person having troubles has the latest pcmcia rpm that supports his particular kernel version. also, I was wondering how integrated the interworkings are for the kernel and the psmcis version required.

Why do older kernels fail to work with newer kernel-pcmcia-cs (I believe) versions?

Jim

--
Under every stone lurks a politician.
		-- Aristophanes