Re: Burning a CD

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wednesday 30 April 2003 18:04, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live uttered:

I took out the hdd=ide-scsi and was able to burn CDs, without the
parameter to the kernel.

RH8 stunk for burning CDRs in my situation. I believe that enabling the
DMA and locking down magicdev worked to reduce the burning CDs problem.

Can you explain to me how Red Hat saw your IDE burner as a SCSI device so that cdrecord could function on it, w/out the above mentioned kernel argument?

After upgrading to RH9, the kernel parameter never was needed, . someone mentioned that it was no longer required. I took it out of my grub.conf file, then burned a CD. It worked instantly.

Both of my CDROMS (one reader and one burner) have been recognized as /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1 for awhile.

If I added anything that was not due to shrike or phoebe. It might be that I upgraded my modutils from kernel.org, under Rusty's directory.

Under xcdroast, I had to identify the correct specs for the burner. By default, it was setup as two different possible units. That was before I took out the hdd=ide-scsi call to the kernel though.

Jim C.

--
Under every stone lurks a politician.
		-- Aristophanes