Re: Wrong __dbs deleted

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 7:36 pm, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> [...]

Re: rpm --rebuild error
From: Michael Fratoni <mfratoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > # rpm --rebuild
> > error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy
> >
> > Translation please???
>
> The RPM database is locked... Are you running on a 2.5 kernel?
>
> If not, "rm -fr /var/lib/rpm/__*", then retry the operation.
> If yes, upgrade to rpm-4.2-1, it fixes the problems.

No, the above is "normal" output.

>From another list, in a posting from Jeff Johnson at Red Hat:

"There's nothing really wrong. The dbenv is used by two opens of
/var/lib/rpm indices, one early to grab public keys, the other later
when installing. There's an attempt to remove the environment from the
1st
instance close, fails because the environment is still in use by the
second instance, harmless but noisy."