Re: Name Resolve on Intranet

If you want to use DHCP, then you are going to have to set up a DNS server, and
use dynamic updating to register the clients' IP addresses to the DNS server
should they ever change due to a reboot, expired lease, etc.

But since you have such a small network, why not just use static IP addresses,
and a hosts file?

The only other thing I can think of, is that you could write a cmd file for
each windows box, that would run ipconfig strip out the IP address information,
and then edit the host file on you linux box to reflect any changes if/when
they occur. However, that would be compliated way to solve the problem.