From: Jamie Pratt <jamie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: sean darcy <seandarcy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What modules do I need for MASQUERADE?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:19:36 -0400

Hi, Assuming you have compiled all the modules you will be needing in your script, this alone should do it all: (loads all required iptables modules)

  ## Load netfilter modules
  /sbin/depmod -a

  # Support for connection tracking of FTP
  /sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp
  ## if you want IRC conn tracking, uncomment this:
  #/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_irc

regards,
jamie

sean darcy wrote:
I'm trying to run a simple nat on a redhat rawhide kernel:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -F
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

What modules do I need to insmod?

Is /sbin/modprobe iptable_nat all I need?

thanks
sean

Jamie Pratt
Systems Administrator/Programmer Analyst
Norwich University Course Development Center
jamie@xxxxxxxxx | ph. (802)485-2532