Re: Printer compatibility list for RH9 and RH7.3

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 09:25:01PM +0200, Jean Francois Ortolo wrote:
>   I'm about to buy a new printer for my actual RedHat 7.3, which could
> furthermore comply with RedHat 9, once I've installed it.
>
>   By so far, I need to get some links to web sites, which could give me
>  a complete printer compatibility list, for RedHat 7.3
>  as well as RedHat 9.

Check out http://www.linuxprinting.org.  Once you've identified the
printer you like and the driver that supports it, you can download the
rpm for the printing subsystem of choice (foomatic, cups, whatever) and
see if the current version compatible with 7.3 supports that printer.

>   Please, don't say me I should install RH 9 at once, for I need some time
> actually in order to print some papers, though my present printer
>  ( an HP DeskJet 550C ), is to be replaced very shortly.

Somebody earlier asked about a specific printer and I suggested how to
prove if RHL 9 supported it or not (and it did).  Check the shrike and
redhat-list archives for the steps - it was in the last week or two and
I think it was about a Canon 300 or something like that.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx