From: Kevin Bradley [mailto:kdbf55@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 11:08 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SMP kernel gives "lost interrupt"

Hi all!

I have recently upgraded from RH 7.2 to RH 9. I have an old HP vectra with dual P133's and was running the SMP kernel just fine under 7.2, but am having problems getting the SMP kernel to boot with RH 9.

Specifically, I am getting the message "hda: lost interrupt" several times during the boot process until the file system is mounted, then that message just repeats until I restart (and load the single processor kernel).

In looking through the boot logs, I've also noticed a message during the single processor boot and I wonder if it is what is causing the SMP kernel problem. The message is "spurious 8259A interrupt IRQ 7". However, this doesn't seem to affect the single processor kernel's performance.

Any ideas what I need to do to get the SMP kernel going? I love RH 9, but need the second processor on a machine this old!

Thanks,

Kevin