Re: sendmail redirecting mail to aol.com/rr.com/isps blocking dynamicip's

Satish Balay wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, joe wrote:

Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:

I've done quite a bit of searching and reading but haven't found an
answer yet.

AOL.com and RoadRunner block incoming mail from IP's that belong to
residential customers- my ISP's server is a bit flaky at times.

I want to instruct sendmail (can be convinced to use postfix easily), to
forward mail for specific domains to the ISP's SMTP server, and all
other mail through my own sendmail.

Someone has posted the sendmail answer.

I recently switched to postfix, so here is the postfix solution in case you are interested:

edit /etc/postfix/transport and add the entries for special handling as follows:

aol.com           my.isps.mail.server
roadrunner.com    my.isps.mail.server

Then type "postmap transport" and you're good to go

How would you do this for an authenticated SMTP server (aka SSL)? I'm also interested in this info - as I use postfix locally for my outgoing mail.

hmm I've never experimented with this - all the
mail servers I've worked with are open for public
connections....

Joe