Re: printing problem

On June 16, 2003 06:24 pm, anthony baldwin shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I submitted this issue yesterday and have recieved no response, so I
> thought I would try again.  I am trying to be as specific as possible, but
> I am, admittedly, a bit of a newbie.

Kindly make a habit of placing a _hard return_ at the end of each line.
(i.e. about every 20 words or so). Your message runs right across
the screen resulting in a posting that few would be willing to *read*,
and for some it would even be *unreadable* ... <G>

> The driver, Lexmark indicates, is a LPD driver, so I suppose it will not
> work with CUPS, and it is in binary only, not an rpm.
If you install CUPS, you will see that the Lexmark Z33 *is indeed* listed
in the supported models. At the moment, IMVHO, you are unnecessarily
"jumping through hoops". Once you select CUPS instead of LPD, I would
think that you should be able to print from both Abiword and Open Office.

HTH and cheers,

Elton ;-)