Re: lexmark z33 suddenly not printing after apt-get upgrade

Well,
I solved my apt-get issues and ran apt-get update and upgrade.
Now my printer does not respond.
I have reinstalled the driver twice.
I downloaded a foomatic kit from here:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Lexmark-Z33
And it won't install (says line 4: command not found)
This printer was working fine, with Shrike, until
this recent update/upgrade.
It is an LPD printer, and I have LPD installed.
When I send a job either I get no reponse at all, or
the printer hiccoughs but gives not output.
Holy cow!!!  Wait!  A test page that I sent about 15 minutes ago is coming through!
Hmmm...maybe this is solved, but I had too many jobs in the queu?
Okay, I couldn't find the other jobs I had sent in the queu...(?)
Also, now I have been able to print a document from KWord, but not from
OpenOffice.org or from Abiword...
I'm lost here.  what more do you need to konw to help me diagnose this issue?
It's a lexmark z33, the driver came from the Lexmark site and has worked with RH 7.2, 7.3, 8.0 and, previously, with 9.  The printer was printing from OOo and Abi before my recent apt-get upgrade.  I've done nothing else that I can think of that would have affected it.  It is now printing from KWord and will print a test page, but will not print from Abi or OOo.  I have not tried a Gimp-print...
Any and all assistance willbe deeply appreciated.  I use OOo write, draw and other to generate curricula for my students and really need it to print.

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Freedom to Learn!

School-Library.net