Tweaking Gnome Settings

Hi,

Generally, I have wanted to use Gnome. But there is a problem that
keeps me away from it. If all I want to do is change the colour of
my title bar, there is no intuitive away to do it. I have to chase
around to find a theme that gives me the colour I want. However,
this may have other settings that I don't like. This isn't just
about title bar colours. It's about being able to tweak things a
little. I know Gnome has it's Human Interface Guidelines in order
to keep things simple. I agree with that in principle. Windows
also has a simple interface, but I can tweak things like title bar
colour.

Editing the themes files by hand has proven difficult, as I don't
know what to change. What colour is #a4e912 anyway?

I like the look of Gnome. It is a clean and good looking interface
that is quite functional, but it's the lack of control over the little things that keeps me from using it. I don't expect Gnome to change to please me, but I wanted to know what others think about this.

Regards....Paul