Re: Networking Help (DHCP Routing)

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:30:17 -0700
From: Joe <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Networking Help (DHCP Routing)

edwarner99@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I do not have IP's overlapping or double assigned.

Just a sanity check -

>The furthest I've gotten is to get the windows box
>assigned an IP (10.0.0.210), but can't ping the
>internet or the IP address on the Linux box.
>I can ping from the Linux box to the windows box ok.

If you can't ping linux from windows perhaps
you are dropping ping packets? is eth1 trusted
so to speak.e.g. allowing all traffic from inside?

>I tried to save the tcpdump and the ethereal but it
>doesn't look like text so I'm unable to post that.
>But I can tell you that it says that yahoo.com com
>along with my ISP's DNS can't be reached.
>
>I have found that if I stop iptables to bring down
any
>firewall issues, then bring it up again, the dhcp
>server on the Linux box assigns eth0, (which is
>supposed to get an IP address in the range of
>192.168.x.x from the Cayman) 10.0.0.209

That all just works here - make sure your outer
linux interface is good to go, has an ip address
and can get to the internet before moving on to
dhcp and nat for the boxes inside -

Joe

If I turn off iptables, doesn't that turn off all
firewalls? If not, how do I do that?

Would posting what tcpdump has be of any
troubleshooting use?