Re: RH9 Installation time

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 19:13, Joe wrote:
> Guys,
> I would like to know about your personal experiences,
> I takes about 2 hours to install the full system (4.8GB),
> I have a Dell Power Edge 2.4Ghz 512Ram and 78GB scsi.
>
> Is there something I can do to speed up the installation
> process ??
> Shouldn't I expect more from Power Edge/Redhat combination ??

Try a network install and see if that is any faster.  NFS, ftp or http I
would think be faster, and easier as no switching of discs should be
required.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets.
Why should other planets be any different from this one?" - Bob
Monkhouse