Invalid signatures in Up2Date

I ran Up2Date last night on my way to bed and when I got up this morning
I had an error showing an invalid signature and asking did I want to
proceed anyway.  I said "no" and ran Up2Date again and the server was
full, which it has been for the last few days.

I am using the demo Up2Date because health and other reasons won't allow
me to afford a full blown subscription right now.

My question (hypothesis if you will)

I just this past week switched from cable modem (256k) back to dialup
(50k average as it's a clean line).

Does package corruption come with the turf on a slow connection ??

Did I some how contact a bogus server ??  (grabbing at straws here.  I
know it's not impossible, but I consider it highly unlikely.  The only
reason I consider the option is the fact that the demo server has been
unavailable for the last couple of days and is again this morning.)

Am I making too much of a gremlin ??

Input please ??

Joebewan