ip alias problem (traffic going out of wrong address..)

Hello,

We have a local mysql box and a colocated server that was recently
upgraded to redhat 9.  The colocated server has a bunch of IP addresses
mapped to it:

eth0   -> 192.168.1.10 (www.sitea.com)
eth0:1 -> 192.168.1.11 (www.siteb.com)
eth0:2 -> 192.168.1.12 (www.sitec.com)
eth0:3 -> 192.168.1.13 (www.sited.com)

This is pretty normal.  On the local SQL box we have a permission to
allow users to connect from 192.168.1.10 and that's it.  We never
allowed the other aliases because we never needed to.

Now when we try to connect to mysql from the colocated box we get this
error:

ERROR 1130: Host 'www.sited.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
server

I'm wondering why the traffic is going out as 192.168.1.13 when it
should be using eth0 and 192.168.1.10??  For a while we were pulling our
hair out trying to figure out why the connection would just drop but
when we adjusted our firewall rules to allow all the aliases to connect
to our sql box that pointed me in the right direction.  So we're up and
running but it's not an elegant solution.  I'd just like to know why the
colocated server is using eth0:3 instead of eth0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ajay

Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma