Re: new beta?

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 21:30, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> Don't count on it. Seems like the 2.6 TODO list is still long enough to
> use as wallpaper for a medium sized house I guess we should be really
> happy if 2.6 can be declared this year... but RedHat has backported most
> of the interesting stuff to 2.4 it seems...
>
> It might be a good idea to make 2.5/2.6-test rpm's available to increase
> bug feedback though. Thinking about making them myself, as soon as the
> more extreme disk corruption problems are ironed out...
>
> Klaasjan

Are there still extreme disk corruption issues in the 2.5 kernel?  I
thought after they reverted to the old IDE layer rather than attempt the
rewrite things were considered "stable enough to generally not corrupt
your filesystem"?

I am very interested in one day making a test 2.5 kernel RPM compiled
for different archs for testing purposes, along with modified
initscripts to the handle the kernel and module changes.  Would you and
perhaps other people be interested in working together on this type of
mini-project?

--
Warren Togami                                   Fedora Linux Project
warren@xxxxxxxxxx                               http://www.fedora.us