Notebook & NIC Not Recognized by RH9

Tried Radeon Mobility 9 under RedHat 9 on my PowerPro notebook netted
low resolution options in install, so I tried the desktop Radeon 9000
and that allowed me to set 1400x1050.

Now I cannot see either my modem or nic.  Sigh.

Built-in ??? (winmodem) 56k V.90/V.92 Data/Fax Modem
Built-in Broadcom 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet w/RJ-45 Jack

If I could at least get the nic working I could connect at work, and try
to network to my desktop & its modem here at home.  (I am guessing I may
need to update the stock RH9.)

DVD is not recognized, though audio and data CDs are. It is a QSI
CDRW/DVD SBW-242.  Suggestions?

Anyone have a CD that contains everything contained in all of the
updates from RedHat since the stock release of 9?  It would be worth
$10. to me to save the hassle of trying to chase them down.  Something
with some of the latest kernel updates would be even better since
Mandrake 9.1 is known to pick up just about everything on this notebook.

Thanks!  dmc