Cannot Get CD-DVD Recognized

My PowerNotebooks PowerPro C 3:16 notebook arrived today.
http://www.powernotebooks.com/specs/PowerPro/c3-16.php

It is built for them by Quantas and the manual (such as it is) refers to
the Z500 series (though it is very generic).

Powered it up and inserted my RedHat9 CD. It did not autoboot nor was I
able to see it in DOS -- seems nothing but the C drive is recognized.

Looked in the BIOS (PhoenixBIOS Revision 3A21) and used SHIFT + to
toggle a ! in front of the CD Drive, also tried making the CD Drive
first in the boot sequence, neither made a difference.

Their tech support is generally available M-F during business hours but
I was counting on getting this thing running over the weekend.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks! doc