Re: Heavy load after 1 week

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
Hi Gordon,
no, I have no NFS here. But thanks for the iostat command, I will use it.
The 1 week milestone will happend next monday jul-14, so I will keep
you guys informed.

Check to see if you have any processes in the "D" uninterruptable wait state. You may be getting high uptime numbers because of that. I had a problem like this when tmpwatch was getting stuck on a particular file and each day cron started another tmpwatch which also got stuck, so my uptime incremented by +1/day until I rebooted.

Tom