Re: borderless printing: recommendations,and comments on printer s, please!

On July 8, 2003 11:36 pm, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I refill my Lexmark printers cartridges and find  that i can fill them
> around 4-5 times before the heads get damaged.  its no big deal as lexmark
> build the heads into the cartridges so  when there damaged i buy a new
> cartridge.  but at AU$10 for a refill kit compared to AU$70 for a new
> cartridge  i much prefer to refill as much as i can.

... same here: I have a Lexmark Z53, for which the colour cartridge
costs CAD $59.95 (CAD $64.00 with Federal & Provincial Sales taxes).
A refill kit costs CAD $29.95 (CAD$ 34 with taxes). That's good for
three or four refills. The problem is that unlike the Epson or Canon
there is no linux utility to verify when the ink is running low, except
via the quality of the output.

If you *overfill* the cartridge, however, it becomes TOTALLY useless,
and your ink economy is a loss...

Elton