RE: modprobe.conf question.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

> [...]

The thing is that you don't have to hav that module name in modules.conf
in order to issue "modprobe module".  You can issue that command, anyhow,
and if the module exists, and the requisite hardware is installed in the
system, it should work.

-- Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe