Re: rpm brittle?

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, joe wrote:

> dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Lately I've been downloading and upgrading to the latest Mozilla builds
> >from rawhide. There have been quite a few updates posted recently. I've
> >encountered a behavior with rpm that makes me wonder if I'm the only one
> >who has seen it.
> >
> LOL, you're not the only one - rpm as shipped in RH8/9 is broken -
>
> After upgrading to rpm from rpm.org all is good on my systems.

Since doing the upgrade here I have not had any problems either. For me it
was a very worthwile upgrade. I took the 8.0 machines to rpm-4.1.1-1.8x
and the 9 machines to rpm-4.2-1 both are on the rpm.org site.

I for the life of me do not see why this is not released as an official
errata. rpm is so critical to the operation of these machines and as released
it is so borked. It just does not make sense.

Just my $.02

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx