Re: systems administration on Redhat 9

I am sorry -- you and several others -- are absolutely right. Well, I did try
out the command and there were no error messages -- and yes, I did do so as
root. However, what I expected to happen (the mount of the NTFS partition) did
not happen, even upon reboot.

I am going to re-install and see what happens.

Cutting and pasting seems so much like a MS pain with the KDE desktop....

Also, I have a question and that is: when I say that I do not want some
packages such as gnome or mroffice, how do I ensure that all the dependencies
are removed. Also, Redhat 9 says that the following packages have dependencies
in unselected packages. There does not seem to be an easy way to take away some
of the packages which I did not realize had those other dependencies.

Thanks and best wishes!