Re: Pine problem

Dusan Djordjevic a écrit:
Friday 04 July 2003 10:53, Jean Francois Ortolo:

Hi all
  I've just installed Shrike on my computer, it works great, the
only thing I see, is it doesn't accept user names with a dot in it.

From verison 9 it does nol allow dot in username. I do not understand
why. Do someone knows ?

Anyway, you still can manually add user without dot, and later change passwd and shadow file by hand (as i did). It will work.

Hi Sir
I did that. Further I did change the /etc/group file accordingly, such there is no problem with the account group.

Pine works very well now, I only suffer from the well known problem with accentuated characters, such as e acute or e grave and so on, which don't appear in vi, though I can manually write some of these characters on the screen. I'm in text mode, level 2.

I'm french, my LANG variable is equal to: fr_FR.UTF_8

I set up the LC_ALL env variable equal to : C , such that the sort command could suitably sort some of my files.

I suspect there is a need to set the TERM variable, although I don't know the value.

I'll take a look at the mailinglist archives as soon as I have time.

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Jean Francois Ortolo