Re: rpm --rebuilddb problem

M A Young wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Gerry Tool wrote:

I suspect you really have duplicated packages, or at least partially
upgraded packages, which is effectively the same thing from rpm's point of
view. You can use rpm to upgrade to a later version of a duplicated
package, or if one of the versions is current, remove it and upgrade
again.

Michael Young

Thanks Michael.

You were right on. Each of 17 packages had two versions and I was able to remove the older one with rpm -e in each case.

Gerry