Re: printing to multiple printers w/ Mozilla

Stephen Mah wrote:
I've installed two different printers using redhat-config-printers.
Both HPs are printing via networked JetDirect.

Is it possible to select between the two printers within Mozilla email?
It's possible with other apps, such as acrobat, open office. (I guess those apps use kprinter)

Mozilla uses the lpr interface by default, which works fine with the CUPS lpr replacement. When you select File / Print... click on the Properties button and enter the lpr command for the printer you want to use.

For example, I have two printers defined in CUPS, one called lp and the other lp1. These are the short name lpr compatible names that show up in /etc/printcap. If I want to print to lp1, which happens to be a JetDirect printer, I enter "lpr -Plp1" in the Print Command box of the Printer Properties dialog.

Works fine for me.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe