Re: Oooopeenn Ooofffiice

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 14:55, D. D. Brierton wrote:

Weren't there quite a few posts to this list from people who had
experienced all kinds of problems after doing this? I actually hadn't
heard of prelinking before I joined this list, but the number of posts
from people having problems lead me to think it might be better to not
try it for a while. Is this a "new" feature, that perhaps needs to
mature a bit? Are the problems with prelink a bit like the problems with
CD burning (i.e. the majority of us have no problem whatsoever, but a
minority have very serious problems)?

I have several RH9 systems prelinked using "/usr/sbin/prelink -av" and
they are working with no problems. But as always, YMMV.

I've prelinked my newly installed installation for my 233 MHz 64 megs of memory. It is unusable woithout the prelinking. With the prelinking, it works alright.

When I prelinked in RHL 8.0, there semmed to be some errors reported. RH 9 semmed to prelink without errors.

I used prelink /usr/sbin/preliink -av myself. The overlapping memory option scared me, so I didn't use it. The swap partition is pretty large. So memory overlapping seemed to be not needed.

Jim